|Article title||The Economic Law Framework for Outsourcing|
|Name of magazine||Legal journal «Law of Ukraine» (Ukrainian version)|
Outsourcing is a modern means used to organize an enterprise’s structural model. However, its positive influence on the indicators of a business entity’s economic activities is possible only provided that a respective business project is properly prepared, including such an important component thereof as the support of outsourcing under economic law. At the legislative level, the regulation of outsourcing is actually lacking. Hence, appropriate instruments for legal regulation of the outsourcing relations at the microeconomic level should be determined. The purpose of the article is to define and describe the essential characteristics of the most appropriate legal means within the framework of regulation of the outsourcing relations, which are built by domestic corporations, under economic law. It is established that outsourcing may be divided into contractual and institutional contractual types. The author provides the arguments confirming that an outsourcing contract in its nature falls under economic law, at the same time denying that it has elements of civil or employment contracts. The article also offers the author’s vision of its contents. The article also reviews other means under economic law ensuring the optimizing influence of outsourcing: economic and administrative regulations of individual action, local regulations, and institutional means in the form of corporatization. The author defines the bodies of a joint stock company and a limited liability company which are authorized to make decisions on the introduction of outsourcing, and describes their competence in this regard. As a possible institutional option to establish an outsourced enterprise, a certain structural unit may be detached from the corporation and a part of assets, rights and obligations of the corporation may be transferred to it on the basis of a distribution balance sheet. The author comes to the conclusion that in the course of making the outsourcing arrangements, the customer enterprise and newly formed outsourced enterprises may be united into an association or may form a holding group. In case of other types of associations, the legal relations between its members are not consistent with the essence of outsourcing relations, and therefore the author denies the possibility of using such structures in the outsourcing relations. Local regulations may provide for the regulation of relations involving the maintenance of trade secrets, safe performance of works, access control, organization of interaction between the customer’s staff and the outsourcer. Although they are auxiliary, they are nevertheless the important means under economic law ensuring appropriate implementation of outsourcing.
|Keywords||outsourcing; outsourcing contract; outsourcing relations; means under economic law; local regulations|
List of legal documents
6. Belianevych O ta Miahkyi A, Korporatyvne upravlinnia za zakonodavstvom Ukrainy: teoretyko-prykladni problemy [Corporate Governance under the Legislation of Ukraine: Theoretical and Application Issues] (NDI pryvatnoho prava i pidpryiemnytstva imeni akademika F H Burchaka NAPrN Ukrainy 2017) (in Ukrainian).
7. Belianevych O, Hospodarske dohovirne pravo Ukrainy (teoretychni aspekty) [The Law of Economic Contracts of Ukraine (Theoretical Aspects)] (Iurinkom Inter 2006) (in Ukrainian).
8. Dzhurynskyi O, Dzherela hospodarskoho prava Ukrainy: monohrafiia [Sources of Economic Law of Ukraine: Monograph] (Lira-K 2016) (in Ukrainian).
9. Kravets I, Pravove stanovyshche subiektiv orhanizatsiino-hospodarskykh povnovazhen [Legal Status of Entities with Organizational and Economic Powers] (Iurinkom Inter 2010) (in Ukrainian).
10. Milash V, Hospodarske pravo: kurs lektsii [Economic Law: a Course of Lectures], ch 1 (Pravo 2008) (in Ukrainian).
11. Shcherbyna V, Subiekty hospodarskoho prava: monohrafiia [Entities under Economic Law: Monograph] (Iurinkom Inter 2008) (in Ukrainian).
12. Fadieiev A, ‘Pravova pryroda dohovoru autsorsynhu’ [‘Legal Nature of an Outsourcing Contract’] (2013) 6 Pravo i suspilstvo 110 (in Ukrainian).
13. Horova K, ‘Vyznachennia osnovnykh pidkhodiv do klasyfikatsii autsorsynhu na suchasnomu etapi ekonomichnoho rozvytku’ [‘Determining the Main Approaches to the Classification of Outsourcing at the Modern Stage of Economic Development’]  18(1) Ekonomichnyi analiz 14 (in Ukrainian).
14. Kokhan V, ‘Autsorsynh i dohovory, shcho yoho oposeredkovuiut’ [‘Outsourcing and Its Mediating Contracts’] (2013) 26 Derzhavne budivnytstvo ta mistseve samovriaduvannia 164 (in Ukrainian).
15. Maidanyk R, ‘Dohovirni tsyvilno-pravovi konstruktsii’ [‘Contractual Structures under Civil Law’] (2008) 9 Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo 3 (in Ukrainian).
16. Mykolo O, ‘Analiz ta klasyfikatsiia form autsorsynhu’ [‘Analysis and Classification of the Forms of Outsourcing’] (2010) 37 Ekonomichnyi prostir 211 (in Ukrainian).
17. Oliukha V, ‘Autsorsynh u sferi kapitalnoho budivnytstva’ [‘Outsourcing in Capital Construction’] (2013) 11 Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo 105 (in Ukrainian).
18. Popovychenko I, ‘Autsorsynh yak instrument pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva v suchasnykh ekonomichnykh umovakh’ [‘Outsourcing as a Tool to Enhance an Enterprise’s Competitiveness under Modern Economic Conditions’] (2010) 31 Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu Ekonomika 177 (in Ukrainian).
19. Pyrets N ta Duhinets H, ‘Autsorsynh yak chynnyk spryiannia mizhnarodnii intehratsii Ukrainy u svitovu ekonomiku’ [‘Outsourcing as a Factor Promoting Ukraine’s International Integration into the World Economy’] (2008) 1 Problemy razvitiya vneshneekonomicheskikh svyazey i privlechenie inostrannykh investitsiy: regional’nyy aspekt 203 (in Ukrainian).
20. Sainchuk A, ‘Autsorsynh: vydy, klasyfikatsiini oznaky ta formy. Klasyfikatsiia autsorsynhovykh protsesiv’ [‘Outsourcing: Types, Classification Features and Forms. Classification of Outsourcing Processes’] <http://journals.uran.ua/urss/article/ view/41029/37360> accessed 16 April 2018 (in Ukrainian).
21. Vavzhenchuk S, ‘Autsorsynh ta autstaffinh: eskiz problem pravovoho rehuliuvannia’ [‘Outsourcing and Outstaffing: a Sketch of Legal Regulation Issues’] <https://revolution. allbest.ru/law/00868203_0.html> accessed 16 April 2018 (in Ukrainian).
22. Yefymenko M, ‘Tsyvilno-pravovi aspekty vykorystannia autsorsynhu na rynku lohistychnykh posluh v Ukraini’ [‘Civil-Law Aspects of Outsourcing on the Logistics Market of Ukraine. Legal Readings from the Transcarpathia Region’] (2017) 1 Zakarpatski pravovi chytannia 258 (in Ukrainian).
23. Yefymenko M, ‘Vyznachennia dohovoru autsorsynhu yak odniiei z form vzaiemodii subiektiv hospodarskykh pravovidnosyn’ [‘Definition of an Outsourcing Contract as One of the Forms of Interaction of Entities in Relations under Economic Law’] (2013) 2 Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo 117 (in Ukrainian).
24. Zghama A, ‘Dohovirni zoboviazannia z autsorsynhu: pravova pryroda ta deiaki problemy zastosuvannia’ [‘Contractual Obligations of Outsourcing: Legal Nature and Some Application Issues’] (2018) 2 Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo 48 (in Ukrainian).