|Article title||The Objective of Modern Economic Procedure Law: The Doctrinal View|
Doctor of Juridical Sciences, Professor, Professor Department of Civil law and Procedure, Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University (Kyiv, Ukraine) ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2590-2807 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Name of magazine||Legal journal «Law of Ukraine» (Ukrainian version)|
In developing the objective of economic procedure law, the main focus should be put on providing a scientific basis for maintaining and enhancing the specialization of economic process as a counterbalance to the inadequate relations in the domain of economic activities and the all-around unification of procedural law in Ukraine.
The article offers a doctrinal analysis of the objective of economic procedure law in the context of economic law and from the perspective of attaining of its goals and implementing of its basic provisions, also with due regard for the achievements of the economic law theory. An emphasis is placed on close linkage between economic law and process, which should be reflected in the specifics of implementation of economic court procedure.
Complications in the relations existing in the domain of economic activities and their statutory regulation entail a complex nature of legal conflicts between participants of relations in the domain of economic activities. Economic activity entities are in legal relations with each other, and therefore a breach pertaining to one of them negatively affects the others. Bearing this in mind, it is justified that in a market-oriented economy and given the complications in the relations in the domain of economic activities, the objective of economic procedure law should be not only to effectively protect the violated, unrecognized or disputed rights and legitimate interests of separate individuals, legal entities and the State, but also to ensure legal economic order as a component of public economic order.
The concept of the objective of economic court procedure has the following main elements: the economic-law approach used as a methodology of judicial cognition and adjudication in a case referred to economic jurisdiction, which allows predicting the impact of the judgment on the domain of economic activity; evolution of the proportionality principle in economic court procedure (statutorily defined criteria of judicial guidance of process in conjunction with optionality of parties); concentration of cases in economic jurisdiction (concentration in economic jurisdiction of a range of all interrelated legal conflicts, including those involving public authorities and local self-government bodies).
|Keywords||objective of economic procedure law; legal economic order; protection of rights and interests of economic activity entities; economic jurisdiction; concentration of cases; proportionality.|
1. Ivaniuta N, Funktsii hospodarskoho protsesualnoho prava: teoretyko-praktychni aspekty [Functions of Economic Procedure Law: Theoretical and Practical Aspects] (Feniks 2018) (in Ukrainian).
2. Nikolenko L, Perehliad sudovykh aktiv u hospodarskomu sudochynstvi [Review of Judicial Acts in Economic Proceedings] (Iuho-Vostok 2013) (in Ukrainian).
3. Pohrebniak S, Osnovopolozhni pryntsypy prava (zmistovna kharakterystyka) [Fundamental Principles of Law (Substantive Characteristics)] (Pravo 2008) (in Ukrainian).
4. Znamens’kij G, Novoe hozjajstvennoe pravo. Izbrannye trudy [New Economic Law. Selected Works] (Jurinkom Іnter 2012) (in Russian).
5. Vas’kovskij E, Izbrannye proizvedenija pol’skogo perioda [Selected Works of the Polish Period] (Statut 2016) (in Russian).
6. Belianevych O, ‘Pro unifikatsiiu i spetsializatsiiu protsesualnoho prava’ [‘On Unification and Specialization of Procedural Law’] (2012) 1/41 Universytetski naukovi zapysky 95–105 (in Ukrainian).
7. Belianevych O, ‘Pryntsyp proportsiinosti u hospodarskomu pravi’ [‘The Principle of Proportionality in Commercial Law’]  1 (52) Ekonomika ta pravo 3–10 (in Ukrainian).
8. Belianevych O, ‘Pryntsyp spetsializatsii sudiv ta realizatsiia prava na spravedlyvyi sud v hospodarskomu sudochynstvi’ [‘Principle of Courts Specialization and Exercise of the Right to a Fair Trial in Economic Court Procedure’] (2014) 6 Visnyk hospodarskoho sudochynstva 120–32 (in Ukrainian).
9. Podtserkovnyi O, ‘Shchodo zovnishnoho ta vnutrishnoho vymiru poniattia “hospodarskyi protses”’ [‘On the External and Internal Dimensions of the “Economic Process” Concept’] (2011) 6 Pravo Ukrainy 10 (in Ukrainian).
10. Butyrskyi A, ‘Vyrishennia hospodarskykh sporiv v Ukraini ta krainakh Skhidnoi Yevropy’ [‘Resolution of Economic Disputes in Ukraine and Eastern Europe’] (avtoref dys d-ra yuryd nauk, 2015) (in Ukrainian).
11. Stepanova T, ‘Teoretyko-pravovi zasady protsesualnoho statusu uchasnykiv pozovnoho provadzhennia u hospodarskomu sudochynstvi’ [‘Theoretical and Legal Bases of Procedural Status of Participants to Action Proceedings in Economic Court Procedure’](avtoref dys d-ra yuryd nauk, 2018) (in Ukrainian).