|Article title||Development Trends of Competition Law and Policy of Ukraine|
Doctor of Science of Law, Professor, Senior Researcher The Academician F. H. Burchak Scientific-Research Institute of Private Law and Entrepreneurship of National Academy of Law Sciences of Ukraine (Kyiv, Ukraine) ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1092-0914
|Name of magazine||Legal journal «Law of Ukraine» (Ukrainian version)|
All types of government policies can affect market competition, for good or bad. Governments should ensure that social or other policies that are not intended to damage market competition do not do so unnecessarily or by accident.
In some instances, policies restricting competition are the result of businesses lobbying to avoid competition, in other cases, they may simply be the result of insufficient assessment being carried out at the policy design stage. In many cases, alternative approaches can be found to achieve the policy’s purpose, while avoiding unnecessary restrictions of competition. Competition can also be used to make policy more effective. The achievement of national goals is inextricably linked to the development of competition provided by state competition policy and competition law. Dialectics of interrelation state policy on development of competition and competition law is capable to provide achievement of the national purposes directed on complex development of social and economic relations in interests of society and the state.
|Keywords||state policy on competition development; competition law; National competition strategy|
1. Amato G, Antitrust and the bounds of Power (Hart Publishing 1997) (in English).
2. Osnovnye napravlenija zashhity i razvitija konkurencii (Shastitko A red, 2016) (in Russian).
3. Jekonomika: uchebnik dlja juristov (Valovoj D red, Shhit-M 1999) (in Russian).
4. Kratko I, ‘Gosudarstvennoe regulirovanie predprinimatel’skoj dejatel’nosti v Rossijskoj imperii’ (1996) 5 Problemy teorii i praktiki upravlenija 124 (in Russian).
5. Dobrovolska V, ‘Pravovi zasady derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia pidpryiemnytskoi diialnosti’ (dys kand yuryd nauk, 2007) (in Ukrainian).
6. Vinnyk O, ‘Teoretychni aspekty pravovoho zabezpechennia realizatsii publichnykh i pryvatnykh interesiv v hospodarskykh tovarystvakh’ (dys d-ra yuryd nauk, 2004) (in Ukrainian).